Become an Apprentice in our store and you’ll have everything you need to truly realise your potential
Store: Specsavers Ripon
Hours: Full time to include Weekend working – 40 hours
- Worked over 4 days – 3 week days & 1 weekend day
Salary: £260.00 per week (paid monthly)
Become an Apprentice in our store and you’ll have everything you need to truly realise your potential – from experience in a full-time role to an industry-recognised qualification and the support of a global brand, all whilst earning a real wage.
This role is based in our Call Centre and will primarily require you to assist in the operation of the store to achieve sales targets and the delivery of excellent levels of customer service through the efficient answering of the telephone and appropriate direction of enquiries.
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future – which is where people like you come in. We are currently looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about providing great Customer Service and would like to pursue a career in retail or management. This Apprenticeship opportunity will give you the chance to spend 13 months building the skills and confidence that come with training in a paid full-time job, all the time surrounded by a friendly, highly-experienced team who will support you every step of the way.
Another way of learning:
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification. At the end of your year as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner.
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
- Earn a salary (paid monthly)
- Gain valuable work experience in a full-time role
- Receive comprehensive and structured training, supported by a qualified assessor
- Deliver high-quality service in an innovative retail environment
- Become part of a team working towards a common goal
- Be entitled to paid holidays
And that’s just the start. With a highly respected and award-winning business behind you – one that invests in its people – there’s nothing to stop you getting on here. Who knows, you might even end up running your own store in years to come…
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
- Recent school/college leavers OR those looking for a new challenge
- Individuals who have lived in the EU for 3 years or more, with the right to work in the UK
We’re looking for people who are passionate about providing great Customer Service and wanting to pursue a career in this area. It’s important that you are a great listener and communicator because that’s what excellent service is all about. You’ll need to be enthusiastic, motivated and a team player with a real determination to make a difference both in your development and the business.
It’s essential you haven’t worked in the Customer Service sector before, this is a new adventure, but you will need the organisation, commitment, motivation and enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love.
What does the role involve?
- Efficiently answer all telephone calls to the store
- Respond positively to customer enquiries and direct them to the appropriate department.
- Respond positively to and resolve customer complaints.
- Customers receive advice about when we can provide them with an appointment closest to their requested time.
- Customers receive a positive and friendly approach to excite them about their planned visit.
- Customers are advised of the current promotions and any relevant contact lens or product information.
- Customers details are requested in an empathetic manner.
- Customers are advised their hearing aids/glasses are ready or delayed as appropriate.
- Customers receive a reminder call / text.
- Customer details are recorded accurately.
Ready to kickstart your career with a company that will support you to be the best you can be? For more detailed information about the Specsavers Apprenticeship programme, please click the link below.
Before applying, please check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis. If you have any questions, please speak to a member of the Recruitment Administration & Support Service Team on 01566 771888 .
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.